Sunday 20 January 2013

I is for... Inspiration

So I've had to cheat a bit this time around. All my ideas were great, but I couldn't find the actual items to take photos of. Although I did get a very poor icicle photo, which is totally unusable - perils of the BlackBerry rather than the DSLR.

I've been thinking a lot about my grandparents this week, in light of my parents 40th wedding anniversary this weekend and many of my grandparents having passed away this time of year, in particular my paternal grandfather.

He was a typical Yorkshireman - lived for his family, would do anything for them and stubborn as hell - sound familiar??? I must take after him I think. Anyway, he died 16 years ago this year, just before what was my 20th birthday. I always remember him with 2 things, his pipe and his camera. So I'm dedicating my post this week to my Grandad.

Being like me and always being behind the camera, there are very, very few photos of him, so I struggled to find a few snaps. Fortunately I was able to raid the photos my Dad has taken over the years and found these. The first one was a real favourite of my Nan's and when my Grandad died, we got it blown up and framed for her. The second is how I remember him, with a smile, in his suit jacket and with his camera around his neck.


And finally, here are two pictures by my very talented Grandad, which I really love. One is of my Dad when he was a child, and the other is me. Wearing slippers knitted by my Nan, and sitting in 'my corner' snacking on marmite on toast, with a cup of tea in my Tommy Tippee cup. I think in both he's captured some real emotions and these are typical of the photos he took of the family: kids, grand children etc.

I hope you like them as much as I do!

1 comment:

  1. Love this post and your Grandad looks scarily like your Dad! :)

    I particularly love the snap of you with marmite all over your chops! :D

    ReplyDelete