Saturday 3 August 2013

T is for... Technicolor

We were young and on our way somewhere
The first time. And the second. All that vodka,
The whispered view of my features in Technicolor 
Both yet to be drunk down, then.

The first time and the second, all that vodka
Replaced the need for sun cream: pink-skinned women, 
Both. Yet to be drunk down. Then
My friend accepts a clumsy advance - a friend-of-a-friend -

Replaced the need for sun cream. Pink-skinned, women
Stepped outside each other, smiles over cider:
My friend accepts the clumsy advance. A friend-of-a-friend
Stopped for me that time, watered the flower in my hair.

Stepped outside, each other smiles over cider.
The whispered view of my features in Technicolor 
Stopped for me. That time watered the flower in my hair:
We were young and on our way somewhere.

1 comment:

  1. T is, coincidentally, also for the now legendary Ted, who this poem is about - more specifically the fateful day we met at Rox on the Prom (What can I say, my youth is littered with bad judgement) and what is - to this day - still the best compliment I ever received:
    "You look like an old fashioned movie star, you'd look beautiful in black and white," *pause for effect* "You look beautiful in Technicolor."
    Sigh. SUCH a shame he turned out to be a nob.

    Better still, though, it's a Pantoum, a form I've been trying to crack for years. Still needs some work but I wanted to post what I had in the hopes that more posts would join it. :)
    Who would have thought old Ted would help me out after all these years? At last I reap the benefits of poor romantic choices.

    ReplyDelete