Sunday 11 November 2012

D is for... Dice

So I bought a load of dice a while back from a really cool, old fashioned toy shop in Henley when I was working there earlier in the year. I bought a load of plastic goldfish and ducks too, but that's another story!!

Anyway, the intention was to experiment with them and try some tricks out that I've learnt recently. Not had the time until now...

This project has given me the chance to play not only with the dice, but also a small, portable studio I bought last year and haven't played with nearly enough. It's also given me the chance to work on trying out some 'high key' photography. And here is the result. Sadly the lights that came with the studio are not quite powerful enough (you can still see some of the background material in the last version), but I'm OK with the result, given I didn't spend that much time on it.


And as a bonus, I've uploaded a little image of the set-up, so you can see what I was doing. Both images were SOOC (straight out of camera) and I've not played in PhotoShop with either of them.


Let me know what you think!!

1 comment:

  1. Those are some funky looking dice! I love the little one on top peering out over the top! Really nice idea- i bet you could play with your studio for hours...

    ReplyDelete