Thursday 22 November 2012

E is for... Escalators

So I use escalators quite a lot at the moment, whether I'm running or walking up them, or just standing on them, stuck behind people standing on the wrong side. I use them at the tube station and at the shopping centre when I'm off to get my lunch.

The best ones however, for a view etc, are the ones at Canary Wharf Jubilee station, going up to the outside world. And here they are...

This is another BlackBerry photo, this time it came out pretty well. I decided to convert it to black and white as I thought it looked much better and had more impact. I think I might go back at some point with my DSLR to take a better composed shot.

Can I please have a little pat on the back for having submitted one post for every letter so far, and within deadline?? Not sure how much longer my 'success' will last, but I'm chuffed to be going strong still!

3 comments:

  1. *pats back* I'm amazed to say I'm the same with posting to deadline, although I was a swot at school so I don't really expect a pat on the back, just continued relentless bullying. :)
    I like this picture, and I like how clear the light is at the top. It's like a modern version of Orpheus emerging from the underworld - because as we all know, hell is the London Underground.

    ReplyDelete
  2. *another pat* This is a really great shot and will no doubt be amazing when you re-shoot it with your DSLR! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We want to see the re-shoot here! It's a fab photo, you've got an eye for modern architecture and metal structures (remembering your mirrored building).

    ReplyDelete