Tuesday 4 December 2012

F is for... Festive Fun

I was in Canary Wharf this Saturday, grabbing some food before shooting over to the O2 for the long awaited Jason Mraz gig. Wish I had my camera for that, the graphics on the backdrops were spectacular!

I spotted this amazing Santas Grotto, complete with a Santa that actually looked like the real thing. Sadly I only had my BlackBerry with me, so the quality isn't that great on this one, but it was an amazing Grotto and I thought you all might appreciate it.

Sticking with Canary Wharf, the rest of the shopping centre there has some gorgeous colour co-ordinated, fabulously classy decorations. Ranging from the smaller 'trees' shown here, to the 30ft plus bauble trees and the chandelier style bauble decorations hanging from the ceilings along the walkways. If only I could make something this cool!!

Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. What's wrong with this post Miss Hill? I think it's great. Especially the grotto! It literally takes me back to being younger and still believing in Santa and all the magic that goes with it. Plus it's ten times better than the one we had in Fareham :D. The tree is very nicely decorated and full, just how I like my trees, just a shame that it's been placed against steel. But that wasn't something you could influence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jaime, that grotto looks very enticing, though I always find they look sinister too after watching a disturbing X-Files episode once... Maybe this is where having kids might change my perspective on such things...
    I bet Canary Wharf looks fab at the moment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Makes me think Will Ferrell's going to emerge from that house... I like smiling, smiling's my favourite!

    ReplyDelete