Sunday 23 December 2012

G is for... Glowing

So walking home every evening, either to the tube station, or from the ferry, everything seems to be glowing. Must be the time of year, everything seems brighter and shinier than usual.

Of course the Christmas decorations take much of the credit for that, but at Canary Wharf the other day, these strange 'paper' boats appeared in the water. I wasn't sure what the deal was and I'm still not, but walking back to the tube that night, they were all lit up. They gradually transitioned from one colour to another, however, the day I remembered my camera, they were all mixed for a change. And here's my favourite... Lovely!!

Merry Christmas!!

2 comments:

  1. Great shots Jaime, I love the idea of the boats with lights. It could possibly be that the boats represent wishes (that's the only tradition with floating paper boats that I know) for the future. We did that for Tatjana on her Hen Night, but without lights. I like all 3 shots, although the last 2 seem to have nicer lines.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Jaime, these are great, it must have been amazing to see! It reminds me of Hoi An in Vietnam - they sell you these little paper boats with candles in and you make a wish/get good luck when you set them on the river, it looked very pretty at night (though the litter the next day was very sad! I'm sure that London have a system to avoid that!). x

    ReplyDelete